HOW CAN YOU PREPARE FOR IELTS IN A SHORT PERIOD?
Are you one of the students who is preparing for IELTS and is nervous at the moment?
Not an issue anymore. We have always got you back. English is not our native language and is one of the foreign languages we learn to be able to understand and communicate with the world. It is okay to feel nervous while being examined but we will focus on some special techniques which can help you go through all the process smoothly.
Speaking marking criteria
It is one of the most important aspects of the test. The examiner is not likely to judge you based on your accents but on the clarity of your speech. You must be able to use intonation. The clarity must be accurate and very sound to listen to.
Do you make many pauses like hmm, ahh, oh, umm… while speaking? THAT IS A BIG NO! Speak freely. Listen to BBC, CNN, etc. channels or listen to phonetics to have a better understanding of words. You don’t need to use hardcore words, but very clear and accurate ones.
Never use basic vocabulary over and over again. Don’t rely on lots of ifs and buts. Bring variety to your vocabulary. Learn 3-4 synonyms for every word. Try to structure your sentences in different manners.
- Correct use of the word
While the English language has many types while you speak, but focus on the exact spelling. In certain languages people do not make the use of, “ing” and usually pronounce words like ‘doing’ as ‘doin.’ This is not how you are going to pronounce in the IELTS test. The examiner always has his/her eyes on the correct usage of words. This marks for Vocabulary, Pronunciation, and Clarity.
- Grammar and Accuracy:
The use of correct tenses and forms of grammar is necessary. This is one of the major areas where candidates lose their marks.
- Always write questions that are common or in your mind.
- Find answers to them
- Always make sure you get feedback from an expert or someone who checks the exams.
- Don’t forget the stuff once they are answered. Review them almost thrice a week.
- Ask yourself the same questions over days and answer without skimming again
- You can always record yourself to better analyze your preparation
- You don’t have anyone to talk to? YOU HAVE YOURSELF, YES! Talk to yourself in the mirror. This will help you boost your confidence and help in better pronunciation understanding.
- Ask an expert to read your answers for you. Listen and look at them carefully while they are reading and pronouncing.
- Find a native to practice with.
- The course doesn’t intend to make you memorize things, so try to be very natural.
- Nervousness can kill the whole preparation. Be confident.
- You are not a radio or a robot. Don’t speak like that too. Be in your personality and style. Remember that personality matters a lot.
- Don’t choose to answer in one word, like Yes or No. Always try to elaborate and elucidate.
- If you have made a mistake, don’t overthink that. Fix it in the next sentence and don’t demonstrate your nervousness.
Last but not the least, Businefy Services is offering weekend-based one-to-one digital communication classes. Our experts will set times with you once you apply for it and will help you throughout the learning process. You can as and inquire about anything and will also be examined based on mock tests while sitting at home. So what are you waiting for? APPLY TODAY!